How to Have Success With Reviews
Reviews help build trust and make it easy for homeowners to see why they should hire you.
Including reviews on your Angi profile will help you earn the trust of homeowners and make it easy for them to see why they should hire you. Check out our top tips to have success with reviews, as well as examples of how to respond to the reviews you do receive.
#1: Request reviews from past customers
Angi makes it easy to request reviews from your customers, even if they aren’t an Angi user. From the website or app, simply provide the customer’s name and contact information, so we can verify the project. Verified reviews will then be added to your profile.
#2: Request new reviews from every new customer
Ask homeowners for reviews early and often. Request them directly from your Angi account.
#3: Use your personal review link
You can send customers your personalized review link. Use your custom link in invoices, business cards, emails, and social media profiles.
#4: Be responsive
Make sure you are responding to both good and bad reviews. Negative reviews happen – responding shows that your business cares about its customers. Try to respond with gratitude and understanding. When responding to a negative review, thank the reviewer for their feedback, show empathy for their situation and offer to correct the issue by directing them to an email address or phone number.. When responding to a positive review, thank the homeowner for leaving a review, offer a compliment in return and remind them that you’re available for their next project. You can find some examples of good responses to reviews at the bottom of this article!
Examples of how to respond to reviews:
Responding to positive feedback:
- Example: If I could give more than five stars I would! We had an absolutely perfect experience and we love how our project turned out. We would recommend this company to anyone and everyone!
- Thank you so much for this stellar review! We’re so glad you had a great experience. We really enjoyed working with you, and we loved how the project turned out too! We look forward to working with you again should you need services in the future.
Responding to a bad rating with a short or blank review:
- Example: This company is awful!
- Thank you for your feedback! We’re sorry you had a negative experience. We strive to provide the highest level of customer service and we regret that we didn’t meet your expectations. We would love the opportunity to address your concerns. Please reach out to us at [email or phone number]. Thanks again!
Responding to an unmet expectation or suggestion:
- Example: Communication could be better, but I’m happy with the final outcome.
- Thank you for your suggestion! On behalf of [company], I’m sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations as far as communication. We’re working to improve our methods and implement new tools in order to communicate more effectively. We hope that you’ll give us another chance if you need services in the future! Email us at [email] and mention this review for a discount on your next project.
Responding to a potential miscommunication or contract issue:
- Example: This company left our property a mess! All the time it’s going to take to deal with their mess isn’t worth the work they did.
- We appreciate this feedback about our services! We’re sorry that you were left in this situation. We pride ourselves on being diligent when cleaning up if the service is included in the contract. Many homeowners opt out of cleaning services in order to save on their budgets. There may have been a miscommunication around this detail in your contract. We would love the opportunity to correct the situation and work with you to turn this into a more positive experience! Please contact us at [email or phone number] at your earliest convenience.